Monday, June 15, 2009

Marissa's Bridal Shower


This event actually took place beginning of April, but since we were in WA this past week for my little sister, Marissa's, wedding, I thought I'd start where the fun for me began :), The bridal shower.

(For those waiting for a wedding post... I'll get there I promise. Just expect a number of posts on the matter anyway!)

Planning was of course a blast, but could have been much more tricky, considering in took place in Utah and I live in Cali, without the help of all my sisters and mom. THANKS GUYS!

The spread:my mom, who sadly couldn't make it (she had already been in Utah for 3 weeks prior and had to get back to work...imagine that :)) was so wonderful to send some of her vintage gloves, handbags, and hats that belonged to her mother. PERFECT!

Cheese and "wine" tasting.
Bon-bons

Cool Party favors: Little high heels I made from cardstock, embellished and filled with chocolate. I have to admit my whole "theme" almost came from the fact that I really wanted to make these puppies.

Stylish :)
And whats a Smith shower without the "gum" game? How many pieces you got in your mouth there Miss?

Love you and Congrats!

4 comments:

Marissa Smith said...

I had 8 in my mouth! and when I spit it out after, it was a mound of colors, I was surprised to see they didnt morph into one brownish color or something. :) This was so much fun and SUCH a surprise. Thank you!

Debbie said...

Everything looks really nice Maegan. You are quite talented.

Tina and Dan said...

WOW! You did an awesome job! I'll have to hire you for my next party! :O) Really those shoes were awesome and well worth centering the theme around!

The Brymers said...

This looks awesome! You look a lot like your sister, in fact, that first picture I thought was you and some random guy--and I'm just thinking, what the heck?! Haha, congrats to your sister