So here it is. Below are three of the songs we have. We have about 10 songs and are going through and re-recording all of them now, so they should all sound good in the end, but these should give you an idea of what they will sound like.
If you can sing, or know someone who can sing, or know someone who knows someone who can sing please please please let me know. If you live in the Bay Area, then great, you can record at Austin's house. If you live in Fresno/Clovis area, then great, you can record at my house. If you don't live anywhere near those areas, then you'll have to invest $100 in a microphone and I can teach you how to record.
What we want:
- Strong powerful melodic vocals. Not too hard, not too soft, just raw power.
- Some one who can write good melodies and good lyrics. This is harder than it sounds.
- A recorded sample of you singing. Doesn't have to be high quality, but I just need to hear what you sound like. You can even just sing into the microphone on your laptop.
What we don't want:
- Cookie Monster or whiny Blink 182 style vocals. There's a high school right around the corner where I can find plenty of that.
- An explanation of how good you are with no recording to back it up. There's a reason why the American Idol judges have to go through 3000 people to find 20 good singers.
I will even accept ugly people.
So what do you have to lose? Nothing. The worst that can happen is you send a terrible audition, I post it here for all to make fun of, and we all go our separate ways (I'm kidding by the way). What do you have to gain? The possibility of singing in the greatest metal band that ever lived. Seems like a low risk venture to me (no longer kidding).
So, if you are interested, or know someone who is, send a sample recording to firstname.lastname@example.org.