Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Entering Adulthood?

You'd think that maybe by now I might feel like a "grown-up". Did getting married help me think of myself as such?...Nope. Graduating college? Nope. Being of a mother of (almost) 3 kids!?! NOPE. Odd....

Odd that is what has finally made me feel the first mark of adulthood:

Yep, we bought a minivan. A 2006 Honda Odyssey. The last car we bought was before we got married and it has served our family well, but alas loyal little Hyundai just couldn't fit 3 car seats in the back and still have the doors shut so we finally surrendered.

We wanted to buy private party (for cost purposes of course- we were paying cash), but after searching for weeks with no luck we concluded we'd just have to go hit up dealerships, starting this past Saturday. To our luck, this was listed Friday morning and was ours by that evening. Its a nice ride and was a company car so its in great shape with just 48K on it. We aren't wild about the color, but we're over it :). The kids really like it too, can you tell?

So, here's to adulthood!-Whether that's a good thing or not, I haven't totally decided :).

2 comments:

SSToone said...

Wow you are such a grown up! Sounds like you got a great deal. Hopefully Elyette is okay with "taking a back seat" when the new one arrives. Congrats!

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

That is so funny I can totally sympathize. I still in so many ways feel like a teenager! For me though turning 26 has really been a phase of exiting teenagehood (nice word) and entering old. I'm excited for you about the car, and seeing you in your dresses, you look great by the way. I feel like I'm bigger than you right now, and I'm at 24 weeks, you look great! I miss you. Good luck with the new baby!