Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Sewing: Pioneer Day

Our Primary had and a Pioneer Day celebration that nursery kids and their families were invited to. I found same large scraps I had gotten from the free fabric distribution that worked well enough for the dress (and guess what its linen :)) and some smaller pieces I pieced together for the pinafore apron. The bonnet is some broad cloth I got but never used to line a skirt. I had no idea what I was doing with the bonnet. The bill turned out well, but the back is the wrong shape, but I think I know how to do it for all the pioneer days to come :)...

We "made" a poncho for Jack (he was a Mexican pioneer) for that was just another sample fabric with a hole cut out for his head, so that doesn't count as sewing. (Post on the activity to come).

No comments: